Dear Irvine Neighbor,
I'm Mike Carroll, Vice Mayor, City of Irvine. I'm running for City Council in the November 3, 2020 election, and I'd be honored to have your vote.
My wife Betty and I love raising our family in Irvine. We strongly support Irvine schools and own our small business here. I've been helping residents non-stop during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Carroll Family takes public service very seriously. In fact, Betty is President of the Irvine Unified School District and finishing up her term on the school board.
I’ve volunteered much of my time in Community & Nonprofit Organizations:
- Vista Verde K-8 School Foundation (President)
- Parks & Recreation Commissioner (Chair)
- Planning Commissioner (Vice Chair)
- Board Member, Child Aid
- Director, OneOC (formerly Volunteer Center of Orange County)
- Founding Board Member, Hurtt Free Medical Clinic at The Orange County Rescue Mission
- Director, Orange County Press Club
It has been the honor of my life to serve as your Vice Mayor. Since joining the City Council in 2019, I’ve delivered results for you. I stopped the development of over 130 high-density homes on a recreational site. I saved funding for Seniors with mobility needs and Irvine school children. I saved the Great Park Balloon from demise. I passed a 2-year BALANCED City Budget.
I've held over 20 Town Halls with residents and HOA Boards - all across our City - to provide information and get input from the community.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I’ve worked to protect Irvine and assist our residents:
- Established Orange County’s First City-sponsored COVID-19 Testing Program with over 10,450 Residents Tested
- Over 130,000 Meals-on-wheels and prescription deliveries for Seniors and At-Risk Residents
- Monetary Grants for 506 Irvine small businesses
- Financial Relief and Affordability for Homeowners and Over 2,030 Renters
- Protected funding for the Irvine Public Schools Foundation
- COVID-19 HOTLINE assisted over 2,235 residents - Call (949) 724-8250 for Help
- Helped hundreds of Irvine residents get the help they need
Send me back to the Irvine City Council, and I’ll continue fighting for you:
- Provide Irvine Police with the tools to ensure Irvine remains Safest City in the United States
- Enhance our parks and open space
- Support our Irvine Public Schools
- Reduce Traffic through road design and alternative transit
I ask you to please take a moment, and consider what we've accomplished so far. Consider the words of the many people I've personally helped during this unprecedented crisis.
It's been a privilege to serve our community in its hour of need. I would be grateful for your vote - so I can continue that public service.
With deep gratitude,
Vice Mayor, City of Irvine